of the Work Group Genealogy Schleswig Holstein
(Arbeits-Gemeinschaft Genealogie Schleswig-Holstein e.V.)
1 Name, domicile, fiscal year
Following entry in the register of associations it acquired the addendum "e.V." (reg'd.) Domicile of the association is Neumuenster. The fiscal year equals the calendar year.
2 Association objective
(2) The goals set by the by-law are realized in particular by:
2.1 Intense joint research into emigration from Schleswig-Holstein and publication of results.
2.2 Transcribing of Schleswig-Holstein census registers, to be freely and publicly available.
2.3 Promoting genealogical and historical research in all countries, particularly in co-operation with German-Danish, German-American and German-Australian parties.
2.4 Intense co-operation with the departments of Schleswig-Holstein universities as well as the federal, communal and parochial archives.
(3) The AGGSH e.V., domiciled in Neumuenster, endeavours to disseminate knowledge of the history of emigration, to transcribe census registers, to promote genealogy. The association pursues exclusively nonprofit projects conforming to the official section of the Tax Code of exemptions.
The association operates on a nonprofit basis and pursues primarily projects within its own field of interest.
Assets of the association can only be used for purposes authorized by the by-laws. Members do not receive any financial support from the assets of the association. No one may be compensated for expenses which are not germane to the role of the association or which are unusually high .
(2) Rejection of an application for membership does not have to be rationalized. Membership in the association lapses upon resignation, death, expulsion, cessation of the judicial existence of a legal person or upon dissolution of the association.
Resignations take effect only upon written notice and three months before the end of the calendar year.
(3) A member can be expelled in case of a severe contravention of the by-laws, of the reputation and the goals of the association and failure of timely payment; this may be enacted by the membership assembly by virtue of a two-third majority acting on a proposal by the executive.
Prior to the resolution for expulsion the member is to be extended the opportunity to respond to the accusations with the directive to file an appeal within fourteen days of having gained knowledge thereof.
The decision of the membership assembly is final.
In the interval between the proposal by the executive and the resolution by the assembly the membership is held in abeyance.
(4) By recommendation of the executive, persons of merit may be appointed honorary members for life.
5 Membership fees
(2) Apart from the regular fees, donations may be made. Upon confirmation of the nonprofit status by the fiscal authorities, the donor is issued a tax receipt upon request.
6 Components of the association
- the membership assembly,
- the executive,
- the executive committee
7 Membership assembly
The invitation and agenda must be given in writing not less than four weeks before the date set.
The membership assembly is chaired by the chief executive of the association, in his absence by the deputy c.e.o. or a member of the executive.
8 Extraordinary membership assembly
Tasks of the membership assembly
- review by the executive of the past calendar year;
- approval of the annual fiscal report following review of the audit by the auditor elected by the membership assembly and endorsement by the cashier;
- approval of the budget presented by the executive;
- legal discharge of the executive;
- election of the executive and the auditor;
- determination of the annual membership fee
- misc. items, if proposed by a member in writing to the executive not less than two weeks prior to the assembly;
(2) The membership assembly may decide the dissolution of the association, changes in the by-laws and expulsions according to § 4 (3) by a two-third majority of those present, on other subjects by a simple majority of those present.
In general votes are open. A secret ballot is mandatory, though, if one of the members present should demand such a ballot.
An application is deemed defeated if the ayes and nays are even.
Each member has one vote.
Powers of attorney for other members are admissible with the proviso that no more than three votes may be held by one person.
(3) The membership assembly elects the members of the executive who have to be members of the association for a term of two years. Re-election is permitted.
The auditors may not be elected for two consecutive terms of office.
(4) a protocol is to be produced of the resolutions of the membership assembly which is to be signed by the chairman and the secretary as well as one ordinary member.
The executive committee
- the chief executive officer or president
- the deputy executive officer or vice president
- the cashier
- the secretary
- the speaker of the AGGSH forum.
(2) authorized representatives for the AGGSH e.V., each one individually, within the meaning of § 25 of the German Federal Law are:
- the chief executive officer, a.k.a. president;
- the deputy executive officer, a.k.a. vice president in case he assumes the management of the association;
- the secretary jointly with one other member of the executive;
- the speaker of the AGGSH forum with one other member of the executive.
(3) The executive is responsible for all affairs of the association unless these are the reserve of the membership assembly. It handles current affairs and represents the association internally and externally. The executive remains in office until such time as new elections are held. The term of office of executives ends with the termination of membership,
The chief executive (president), in his absence the deputy executive (vice president) is responsible for the convocation and chairmanship of executive sessions. A quorum of the executive exists if at least three of its members are present. The executive committee decides with a simple majority.
(4) Minutes of the executive meeting are to be prepared and signed by the chairman and the secretary.
(5) The executive is authorized to draw up a business plan. The contents of the business plan are decided by the executive to the extent that it is not the reserve of the membership assembly.
(6) The executive may, as per the approved business plan, delegate current administrative tasks to a third party.
(7) The executives of the AGGSH e.V. may use the title president, vice president etc. in Anglophone countries.
11 Intermediate elections
(2) Should the chief executive (president) or the deputy chief executive (vice president) fail to complete their respective term of office an extraordinary membership assembly is to be convoked in which a successor is elected for the balance of the term.
This applies as well in case more than half the members of the executive leave before their term ends.
13 AGGSH Forum
The member of the executive of the AGGSH e.V. and the speaker of the AGGSH forum have the mandate to keep all nonmembers and participants in the work groups fully informed.
Participants in the work groups who are not members of the AGGSH e.V. affirm, from the moment they take up their activities, that the AGGSH e.V. represents them without reservation.
14 Advisory Board
At dissolution of the association or withdrawal of tax privileges the assets of the association are to be dispersed for tax exempt purposes. Resolutions concerning the disposal of assets may be implemented only after receipt of consent by the fiscal authorities.
The legal representative(s) must report the dissolution to the Register of Associations.
16 Effective Date
at Neumuenster, 10.11.2003
Genealogie Schleswig-Holstein e.V.
(Work Group Genealogy Schleswig-Holstein)